The Progster

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ooh Luverly

The credit cards getting nervous again, especially after the bar bill on that last cruise, ouch. I am wondering if my musical productivity would be increased any by replacing much of my ageing sound modules with a decent workstation. The newest things in my rack are the Novation A-Station which hardly ever gets switched on, and the Yamaha EX5-R which still has some great sounds. The D50 just seems to gather dust too and I spend more time playing piano than anything else. Anyway I heard the demo of the latest Yamaha Motif series, and the sounds are superb. Now don't get me wrong, I've been round the block enough times to know that you can write a classic on a beaten up old acoustic that is missing two string if you have the talent and dedication, but those sounds just sound so inspiring . . . . (I just know I'm kidding myself here)

Check them out here especially MR ES. The acoustic guitar even has string squeaks! Or the strings and general orchestra sounds on Folk Theme.

Anyway time to head back to Singapore again for a couple of weeks and a cooling off period. Watch this space . .

2 Comments:

  • Go on....buy the synth. You know you want to! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, May 01, 2006 10:13:00 pm  

  • I found a great Yamaha shop in Singapore, so I will be having a 'wee go' at the various models at the weekend.

    I think Mrs. Sparky still sees the cost of said synth amounting to 'half a cruise' though :O)

    Though the Fantom range is still a possibility - how much of Milliontown is down to that synth then?

    By Blogger Stuart, at Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:23:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home